4tbsp Sunflower oil
1 stick Cinnamon stick
4 Green cardamom pod
1 Bay leaf
1kg Chicken thighs (you can use skin on or off bone in or out depending what your customers prefer)
1 large Onion, sliced (not into rainbow shapes the other way)
50g Ginger, pureed (this is best done with a Microplane grater)
4 cloves Garlic, pureed
50g Tomato puree
1 tsp Ground turmeric
1 tsp Ground coriander
1 tsp Ground cumin
170g Greek yogurt
4tsp Gram flour
1tsp Chilli powder
Small bunch Mint leaves (shredded)
Small bunch Coriander leaves (shredded)
Peshwari Chicken Curry – Cooked
1. In the medium pan preferably with an oven proof handle, heat the oil over a low heat. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaves.
2. Let them sizzle for 25-30 seconds, then add the chicken thighs, increase the heat to medium-high and cook until the meat begins to brown and all the natural juices have evaporated.
3. Add the onion and cook to a light golden colour for 4-5 minutes and then add the ginger and garlic purees for 30 seconds.
4. Add the tomato puree, turmeric, ground coriander and cumin. Continue to cook the spices out for 3-4 minutes.
5. Whisk together the yogurt, gram flour and the chilli powder and add to the meat.
6. Reduce the heat to low, add the stock, check for seasoning, cover and cook in the oven at 130 ˚C until the meat is tender. Approximately 1 ½ - 2 hours.
7. Once tender stir in the fresh mint and the coriander. Serve