- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 750ml – 1000ml olive oil
- potatoes, to serve Seasonal ingredient
- vegetables, to serve
1. Cover the chicken legs with the salt, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves, pepper, fennel seeds and thyme. Massage into the chicken legs so they are well covered.
2. Put the meat in a large, sealable food bag. Leave to marinate in the fridge for around 12 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 130°C (gas 1/2, fan 110°C). Take the chicken out of the marinade and wipe off as much of it as possible.
4. Place the chicken in a tight fitting, deep baking tray. Coat completely with the olive oil and cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 6 hours.
5. Once cooked, lift the chicken out of the oil and shake off any excess. Fry or grill the chicken pieces until golden brown and the skin is crisp. Serve with potatoes, rice or vegetables for a yummy tea.