- Juice 2 limes
- 2 red onions, one thickly and one thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 6 medium plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon chipotle paste
- 2 tablespoon chilli powder
- 3 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 2 pork loins, about 500g each
- Serve with coriander sprigs and warm soft tortillas
- Place the thinly sliced onion in a bowl with juice 1 lime, half the oregano and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Dry-fry the whole garlic in a non-stick pan until blackened on both sides, about 8 minutes, then peel.
- Heat the grill. Arrange the thickly sliced onion on a baking tray with the tomatoes, cut-side up. Season and grill until blackened, (for about 8 minutes).
- Tip into a bowl with the garlic, chipotle paste, 1 teaspoon chilli powder, 1 tablespoon sugar and remaining lime juice. Season and whizz in a blender until smooth. Gently heat through in a pan.
- Rub the pork with the remaining chilli powder, oregano, sugar and seasoning. Grill for 5 mins each side until cooked.
- Serve sliced in warm tortillas with sauce, the pickled onions and coriander.