Cook for: 3+ hours
- 1.5kg boneless lamb shoulder
- 30ml (2tbsp) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 5 shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 300ml mulled wine
- 150ml lamb stock
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (Gas 4-5/350ºF). First, grab a large oven proof roasting tray and heat it on the hob. Add the oil, garlic and shallots and brown a little.
- Then add the lamb shoulder and brown on all sides if possible, or as much as you can.
- Once the lamb is nicely coloured, add the spices,mulled wine and stock.
- Then cover with foil, place in the oven and leave for 2 hours.
- After 1 hour stir, add a little more stock or water if necessary.
- Return covered to the oven for a further hour or until the meat is falling apart, or until you’re able to resist it no longer!