- 400g spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 large carrot, finely diced
- 3 celery sticks, finely diced
- 200g smoked rindless bacon
- 200g jar sundried tomato pesto
- 8-12 basil leaves, shredded (optional)
Boil the spaghetti following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
Add the carrots, celery and bacon, and stir well. Cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until the veg has softened.
Tip in the pesto, warm through, then stir through the drained spaghetti with the basil, if using.