- 1 large gammon steak, with the rind on
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 100g fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Make the salsa first. Mix together all of the ingredients (use 1⁄2 a chilli for a milder flavour, all of it for a pungent one). Set aside while you cook the gammon.
Heat the grill for 3 minutes. Use a thin-bladed knife to slice the gammon into 2 steaks. Lightly brush with oil. Grill for about 3 minutes each side until just firm, then brush over the honey on one side and cook for 1 minute more. Remove and leave to stand for 2-3 minutes.
Serve the gammon with the salsa spooned over the top.