- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon beef stock
- 3 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 6 sirloin steaks, about 5cm thick
For the wedges:
- 1½ kg potato, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoon sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaf
- 2 teaspoon green peppercorn, crushed
Mix together the vinegar, stock, garlic, mustard, honey and olive oil in a bowl, then add in some black pepper. Add the steaks and turn to coat. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 200C (180C fan/gas 6). Toss the potatoes in a large bowl with the oil, thyme and peppercorns. Spread out on 2 greased baking sheets and bake for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are nearly cooked. Remove and leave to go cold.
To serve, heat oven to 220C (200C fan/ gas 7) with a baking tray inside to warm up for the steaks. Put the wedges on another large baking tray, spread them apart and season. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and crisp.
Unwrap the steaks and brush both sides with oil. Press onto the hot tray and bake for 15-25 minutes, turning after 10 minutes and testing until hot, to give you medium-rare steak.