- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ small pack thyme, leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large swede (about 900g)
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 8 pork sausages
- 3 apples, cut into wedges and cored
- cooked broccoli, to serve
Heat oven to 200C (180C fan/gas 6). Mix the oil, maple syrup, thyme, cumin and red wine vinegar together with seasoning.
Toss the swede and onions in the maple mix, then spread out in a large roasting tin and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
Add the sausages and apple wedges, and cook for 30-45 minutes more, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are soft and caramelised, and the sausages are cooked through. Serve with broccoli.