- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 6 boneless & skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced into rings
- ½ lemon, juice
- 4 roti, warmed
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mango chutney
- 4 handfuls mint
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken, brown on all sides, then remove.
Add the onion, garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
Increase the heat to high. Return the chicken to the pan with the spices, tomato purée, chilli and lemon juice. Season well and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
Divide the chicken, red onion, chutney, herbs and yogurt between the four warm rotis.