- 1.2 kg lean beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 140g breadcrumb
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 2.5 kg bag of potato, cut into chunky chips
- 3 tablespoon plain flour
- 10 teaspoon olive oil
- burger buns, lettuce, sliced red onion, tomatoes, gherkins, and sauces or relishes, to serve
Tip the mince into a large bowl with the onion, breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, egg, chilli powder, ½ teaspoon salt & pepper.
Mix together well with your hands, then divide the mixture into 10 and shape into burgers.
Bring 2 large saucepans of water to the boil. Add the chips, bring the water back to the boil and wait for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, drain the potatoes well and tip onto one or two large kitchen-paper covered trays.
Scatter with the flour and some seasoning and gently toss to coat.
Heat oven to 200C (180C fan/gas 6). In a baking tray, toss the chips in a little oil, then roast for 35-40 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan, grill or barbecue until hot, then cook the burgers for about 5-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Sandwich the burgers in toasted buns with salad and sauces, then serve with the chips.